Weddings at CPC
Wedding Policy for Non-Members
(Subject to Further Modifications By The Session)
- The minister of Christ Presbyterian Church should meet with the interested couple to determine whether the couple meets the basic criteria for a wedding at Christ Presbyterian Church:
- The bride and groom must both be Christians.
- The bride and groom should not be living together.
- If there has been divorce on either side, there must have been Biblical grounds for divorce.
- The Session of Christ Presbyterian Church must then approve of all weddings. The Session will review the requested date to ensure that it does not conflict with the church calendar.
- The minister of Christ Presbyterian Church should receive first consideration for officiating the ceremony. The couple will be expected to provide the minister's fee prior to rehearsal. Should the minister of Christ Presbyterian Church not be available, an ordained, male Protestant minister acceptable to the Session could officiate.
- The director of music – organist of Christ Presbyterian Church should receive first consideration for playing for the ceremony. The couple will be expected to meet with the organist to ensure that acceptable music is chosen for the ceremony. The couple will provide the organist's fee prior to the rehearsal. Should the organist of Christ Presbyterian Church not be available, an organist acceptable to the church's director of music would need to be chosen.
- A wedding application form must be completed and returned to the church with a $50 deposit before the wedding can be scheduled. If the wedding is approved by the Session this deposit will be applied towards the fee for sanctuary use. The application deposit is refundable if the Session disapproves the application. Remaining fees (facility, pastor, organist) are payable before the rehearsal.
- Any damages to the church property shall be repaired at the expense of the married couple.
This fee includes:
- Individual to move and reset sanctuary furniture after the ceremony
- Someone to run the sound system
- Custodial service for cleaning of sanctuary (wedding party is responsible for removal of personal decorations, flowers, candles, etc.)
Fellowship Hall: $500
Custodial Fee: $200 (refunded upon satisfactory removal of all personal decorations and the return of the church key)
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the church. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- The bride shall inform the florist of the following rules:
- Smokeless candles should be used.
- No tacks, nails, staples or wires are to be used to attach decorations or carpet runners to the church property and tape may not be used to attach items to painted surfaces. When the decorations have been placed, a church representative shall inspect to ensure proper décor.
- The Florist must be bonded and insured.
- The pulpit furniture, pulpit, communion table, baptismal font, and the flower stand may only be moved with the supervision of a designated representative of Christ Presbyterian Church. The piano is not to be moved without the approval and supervision of the church's director of music.
- Sunday School rooms on the lower level may be used as dressing rooms without charge. Christ Presbyterian Church does not guarantee the security of these rooms and cannot be responsible for valuables left therein. If music lessons are able to be rescheduled, the education building may be used upon request for additional changing areas.
- All areas of the church that are used shall be restored to the condition in which they were found, except the sanctuary, which will be restored under paragraph 3 of the sanctuary fee.